Due to the web app update, some actions may give problems. You can easily solve this by emptying your cache. Please note that this will reload the document and your previous actions will be lost.
- Press “CTRL + SHIFT + delete”, a new window will open asking you to delete your browser data.
- You only have to check cached images and files.
- Click on delete data.
- Go back to the web app.
- Press “CTRL + F5” or “CTRL + r” or “Command + r”.
- Open your file again and redo the action.
28/Mar/22 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.7
The following voices have been added:
- English: Tessa (South African), Sangeeta (Indian), Rishi (Indian), Moira (Irish), , Evan (US)
- Russian: Katya, Yuri, Milena
- Ukrainian: Lesya
The following voices have temporarily removed:
- Ava (US)
- Noelle (US)
- Tom (US)
- Zoe (US)
15/Mar/22 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.6
- AutoRecover warning on iOS no longer suggests using Chrome when using Chrome.
- All documents opened with AutoRecover no longer get stuck on the loading message.
- Speech Recognition now works for all types of PDF.
24/Feb/22 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.5
- Performance on low-end Chromebooks has been improved:
- Opening files from Cloud Drives is now much faster.
- Saving PDFs no longer cause low-end Chromebooks to become unresponsive.
- The Saving Document notification now appears immediately when saving a file.
- The new Google Drive Consent screen will be shown each time users log in to Google Drive until the requirements have been met.
- Opening complex PDFs no longer gets stuck on “Preparing page” notification.
- Several errors in saving to Google Drive have been eliminated.
- Saving to Google Drive no longer risks losing recently added Notes on Chromebooks.
- Saving to Google Drive no longer risks creating a blank document.
- Saving Extractions to Google Drive no longer hangs on low-end Chromebooks.
28/May/21 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.4
- The reading cursor is not set anymore when using marker or eraser.
- The eraser button is now underlined when active like all other buttons.
- The text from which the markings will be removed is now visualized in light grey while selecting this text with the eraser.
- Files with extension .doc are removed from the supported file list since they are not supported.
- Files with extension .odt are removed from the supported file list since they are not supported.
- RTF files can be opened again.
- Selection modes now keep working after switching selection modes.
- Shared folders can be opened again in OneDrive.
- Docx files can be opened again in Dropbox.
- Dedicon files can be opened again.
- No more “Guest” tooltip is shown when hovering over marked text.
- Deleted marked text is not shown anymore in Summarize.
- It is now possible again to delete markings.
- Correct error message is shown now when trying to open a file with 2 extensions.
19/Apr/21 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.3
- Creating Notes has been reworked. Users can now choose to place a single Note or multiple Notes.
- Users can now restore their settings to default values.
- Pressing F3 places the cursor in the Search Dialog.
- Pressing F3 while editing a Note no longer shows the Search Dialog.
- The number of search results is now shown.
- Search box appearance on iPad Air 2 has been corrected.
- Close Document Menu item is disabled when there is no open document.
- Note Font settings are remembered.
- The Settings dialog has been reworked :
- All Tabs are now indicated by icons with their description in tooltips.
- Speech, Reading Bar and General Settings have received new icons.
- General and Cloud Settings have switched places.
- AutoRecover settings have moved to Cloud Settings.
- Conditional Settings are disabled instead of hidden.
- Switching between panes in Dual Pane mode no longer locks the user in Rectangle Reading Mode.
- Editing a Note in Dual Pane mode no longer gets stuck in Edit Mode when also editing a Note in the other Pane.
- Adding a Note to a document that is being opened in Dual Pane Mode no longer gets stuck in Preparing Document.
- Toolbars no longer move out of the browser window during resizing.
- Reading no longer unexpectedly stops during continuous reading.
- Reading no longer stops when encountering ALT tags.
- Spellcheck suggestions appear again when editing Notes.
- A document no longer appears in the wrong pane when switching panes while the document is loading.
- Notes no longer become Sticky Notes when edited after creating a Sticky Note and vice versa.
18/Mar/21 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.2
- Users can open .xslx files as a pdf.
- Users can open .pptx files as a pdf.
- Users can now use Paused Reading with configurable pauses between words.
- It is now possible to sort files in a Cloud Drive (Name, Size, Date Modified).
- The Sensotec logo has been replaced with the Alinea Suite Logo.
- Cloud Drives now give a warning when the drive is full.
- Users can now delete all empty Notes in a document with a single action.
- Single quote/apostrophe pronunciation has been improved.
- Empty Notes have been made wider.
- Password dialog layout and style have been improved.
- F3 shortcut added to launch the Search function.
- Cursor is placed in the search field when the user clicks the Search button.
- Search bar visibility in Dark Mode has been improved.
- The account used for a cloud drive now has its own icon.
- Toolbar Button behaviour has been simplified.
- Grey border around opened PDF documents has been removed.
- Deleting a Text Note no longer just hides it.
- AudioMaker can now convert text spread over page boundaries.
- The Single/Dual Page toggle no longer disappears on some screens.
- Folders with a . in the name no longer appear to change the file type information.
- The PDF extension is no longer dropped when saving a converted docx file to a Cloud drive.
- Shortcut keys no longer need the document to have focus.
- Various fixes to Text Editor Reading.
22/Feb/21 – Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.3.0
- Users can open .docx files.
- Users can search a PDF for a given text string.
- Editor documents can now use the OpenDyslexic font.
- Cloud Storage has been extended with support for OneDrive for Business.
- Users can create empty Notes in a PDF.
- Highlights now use a solid colour.
- Easier to use Speech Recognition in Notes.
- The order of Cloud Drives is now the same in Settings and the Open/Save to Cloud Dialog.
- The login page is now shown in the browser’s language on a user’s first visit.
- The Bottom Taskbar is displayed even when there is no open document.
- Mobile devices have a much simpler Bottom Taskbar.
- The Main Taskbar has been adjusted for use on mobile devices.
- The Settings Dialog has been adjusted for use on mobile devices.
- Closing the browser tab will warn about unsaved changes regardless of AutoRecover Settings.
- Closing the document tab will warn about unsaved changes regardless of AutoRecover Settings.
- Logging out will warn about unsaved changes regardless of AutoRecover Settings.
- Safari users will get a warning that AutoRecover cannot be used with Safari.
- OCR from device works for both versions.
- Tapping the Main Menu icon now closes the Main Menu.
- AutoRecover is no longer disabled when the actual used storage space was exactly zero.
- The Reading Mode Toolbar is now fully displayed on mobile devices.
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.2.2 – 09/Feb/21
- Language on the Logon screen is remembered.
- Page Up & Page Down keys can now be used for scrolling.
- Users can now select a file from a list of files they most recently used.
- The UI now uses the language in the user’s profile until the user changes the UI language.
- Speech during Word Prediction can now be controlled via Settings.
- Speech during Spell Check can now be controlled via Settings.
- Word Prediction UI has been adjusted for use on Mobile Devices.
- Main Menu now closes after tapping on a menu item.
- Floating toolbars are now controllable with a touch interface.
- Floating toolbars can now be docked to the left edge of the screen.
- Floating toolbars can now be displayed horizontally by double clicking next to the little cross.
- AudioMaker now uses the current reading speed.
- The text editor toolbar UI has been adjusted for use on Mobile Devices.
- Audio files can now be saved to Cloud Drives.
- Cloud Provider dropdown no longer shows disconnected providers.
- Google Drive no longer shows an Execution Error on MacBook and iPad (Safari).
- Trailing spaces in a folder name no longer cause an error.
- Files without .pdf extension no longer receive that extension when saved.
- Save to Dropbox no longer acts as Save to Dropbox as.
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.2.1 – 15/Dec/20
- Header issues no longer prevent opening Dedicon files
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.2.0 – 01/Dec/20
- Cloud drives now remember the last used folder.
- Settings now has a Cloud Tab allowing user to activate/deactivate Cloud providers.
- Page by Page navigation mode added and configurable in settings.
- Settings – About now shows a link to the release notes.
- Main Taskbar automatically adjusts for different screen widths.
- Main Menu automatically adjusts with Main Taskbar.
- GSuite for Education shared drives are now visible.
- Browsing Google Drive is now much faster.
- Very long filenames are now completely visible, using multiple lines if necessary.
- Very long path names are now shown on one line with three dots showing the intervening folder names.
- Page settings such as Zoom Factor are now applied immediately after opening a document.
- Download to Device menu item is now disabled when there is no active document.
- Notes, Markers and Drawing tools are disabled in the Editor.
- Page rendering has been improved causing less situations where scrolling would show blank pages.
- Various tweaks and changes to increase performance.
- Login errors no longer appear outside the screen on mobile devices.
- Existing Session warning no longer extends outside the screen on mobile devices.
- Users can no longer rename the Audiomaker buttons.
- Continuous Reading no longer stops reading single page documents.
- Closing the Notes toolbar no longer forces default Note settings on the last created Note.
- Autorecover no longer waits until scrolling starts to render a page.
- Creating a Note no longer stops the AudioMaker cursor from appearing.
- Voices are now visible in Dark Mode.
- New Tab button is now visible in Dark Mode.
- Inactive Document Tabs are now visible in Dark Mode.
- Autorecover no longer opens an RTF file when changes were made to a saved document.
- Speech speed labels are now translated immediately when switching languages.
- AudioMaker dialog layout and texts have been finetuned for French UI.
- Dropbox now has production status.
- OneDrive now has verified status.
- Spellchecker and Wordprediction enable/disable now use exact same wording.
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.1.4 – 15/Oct/20
- The autorecover functionality has been added to prevent data loss.
- PDF and RTF documents are opened at the last known reading position.
- Text and Sticky Notes can now be added to image-only PDFs.
- Text Notes, Sticky Notes and Audiomaker now have a custom mouse pointer.
- Clicking outside of a Note now creates a new Note.
- All Files are shown when saving an Audiomaker file to the Cloud.
- The audio file is saved to the default Alinea Audio file in the root of the cloud when no folder is chosen by the user.
- The default audio file name is shown in the Save to Cloud dialog.
- Cloud drives now show proper error messages.
- A warning message is shown when trying to open an unsupported file.
- The Delete file/folder dialog now shows a Cancel button instead of a No button.
- A warning is shown when trying to open an RTF file that is already opened.
- Switching from My Drive / My Files to Shared Folders now returns the user to the Root folder.
- An animation is shown while loading Cloud Drive content.
- Users are only warned about unsaved changes when there are unsaved changes.
- Browser storage information is now shown in Settings in the About tab.
- The Zoom Factor has been limited to 1000%.
- The zoom modes (zoom/fit to width/fit to page) and page modes (single page view/dual page view) have been added to the Settings dialog.
- It is easier to see which pane is the active pane.
- Moving taskbars has been made easier.
- The Print item in the Main Menu now works for PDF and Text Editor documents.
- Drawings and markings can now be shared between Alinea Cloud and Alinea Windows.
- Audiomaker now works when launched with Rectangle Reading enabled.
- Audiomaker now works when making a new selection.
- New Audiomaker documents show proper names instead of dev information.
- Opening SEK and KES files no longer becomes progressively slower through use.
- It is possible now to create a folder in a folder in Dropbox.
- The size of Dropbox files is correctly shown.
- French and Dutch filenames for a copy of a file are now correct.
- Improved RTF file handling in Cloud drives (MIME Type issues fixed).
- Closing a Document tab no longer leaves the file in local storage.
- The new filename is not ignored anymore when a file with the same name already exists in the target folder.
- The file name field no longer disappears when clicking on a Cloud folder.
- Attempting to overwrite a file now results in a warning message.
- GMail SSO users will now see their Username in Settings.
- Reading aloud a part of the lookup result in Prisma Nederlands no longer creates a loop.
- Dictionary explanations are now readable in all Selection modes.
- The Spellchecker occasionally suggested corrections for the next error. That is fixed now.
- Using Notes doesn’t cause the Spellchecker to fail anymore.
- Spaces are no longer randomly added while typing.
- Rectangle Selection no longer reads the wrong text when making two selections in quick succession.
- Highlighting no longer moves faster than it reads in some dictionaries.
- Highlighting no longer moves slower than it reads in some RTF files.
- Google translate doesn’t ignore text after a slash anymore.
- The Marker toolbar is no longer shown when the Marker Button has been disabled.
- The Marker Toolbar is no longer active when reviewing Extracted Text.
- The Forgot Password link on the logon page works again.
- Dutch and French translations are now complete for Forgot Password.
- Dark / Light mode text match toggle position now.
- The Open Button is no longer enabled when no file is selected in Open File.
- It is no longer possible to Save a File when no documents are opened.
- The Print menu item is disabled when there are no open documents.
- Choosing Fit to Width no longer forces the Word Prediction window out of view.
- The mouse pointer is returned to the normal pointer after using Rectangle selection.
- The Print Icon has been removed from the Text Editor.
- The Layout tab in Settings has been moved to the General tab.
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.1.3 – 11/June/20
- OneDrive support has been added.
- With the Audio Maker tool the user can make an MP3 file of selected text. The counter in the bottom toolbar shows the number of selected characters. The limit for the Audio Maker is 3000 characters.
- Markers are disabled during selection mode “Read text in rectangle” the same way like it is done in selection mode “Read selection”.
- The speech recognition button blinks during recognition to indicate that the recognition is ongoing.
- If the user selects text and uses the speech recognition tool, the selected text will be replaced by the dicated words.
- When dictated text is getting longer in a note, the note is enlarged now so you don’t need the slider to see the whole note.
- Some small improvements to the cloud storage system are made.
- Some other small improvements are made.
- The search term in the lookup window is not erased anymore when speech recognition is turned off.
Some small bug fixes are made.
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.1.2 – 8/Apr/20
- With the speech recognition tool the user can dictate text in 9 different languages instead of typing it. This tool can be used in the text editor, in text and sticky notes and in the search field of the dictionary.
- You can switch to “My Drive” and “Shared with me” files/folders (Google Drive).
- You can switch to “My files” and “Shared” files/folders (Dropbox).
- You can rename, copy, move and delete files/folders of Google Drive and Dropbox.
- The i button that linked to the about tab in the Settings is deleted on the top toolbar.
- There is only one show/hide notes button now and this button is always shown on the notes toolbar to simplify the use of it.
- The markers are disabled now during selection mode “Read selection”.
- The reading starts faster now.
- Some other small improvements are made.
- The cursor no longer changes position when inserting a space after a word with the spell checker enabled. Even with fast typing, the cursor now stays nicely in position.
- You no longer receive a double login request when you log in with the Enter key (instead of clicking the login button). Such a double login request ensured that the user remained logged in with the second session when logging out.
- You can mark after taking notes now.
- You can download a copy of a PDF to the device now.
- You will no longer receive an incorrect “file already opened” message.
- You will now receive a notification if the name you have chosen for your file already exists in that folder. That way you don’t accidentally overwrite anything.
- Selecting an existing file name to edit it works fine now.
- There is no unwanted new folder created anymore when saving Dedicon files in Dropbox.
Alinea in the Cloud – version 1.1.0 – 4/Feb/20
- Dropbox support has been added.
- You can add and delete words to the correction list of the spell checker.
- The user can switch spell checker and word prediction on or off by default.
- The user can ignore just one or all words during spell checking.
- The button in the toolbar changes according to the chosen selection mode so it is clear to the user which selection mode is active.
- The selection mode is dependent on the document type (pdf or rtf).
- The selection mode “read the selected text” is now also available in the editor.
- Text can be read on iPads.
- Tooltips are shown now when hovering over the buttons.
- The speech is now much faster.
- The play button changes to a pause button immediately after clicking on it.
- Punctuation is now observed when reading in text selection and rectangle selection.
- Selection and Rectangle Reading no longer reads the occasional text fragment twice.
- Reading while typing is now switched on by default.
- The user can now choose multiple typing units at once for reading while typing (in settings).
- The user can delete multiple notes at once by dragging a rectangle around the notes and pressing the trash can.
- Some other small improvements are made.
- Some small bug fixes are made.