The power of digital photography and advanced hardware are combined in this universally acclaimed app. This app, launched in 2014, has already helped tens of thousands of blind people and people with poor vision to independently read letters, brochures, product labels, restaurant menus, and so on. The app was named the winner of the AppleVis Golden Apple Award for three consecutive years (2014, 2015, and 2016). In early 2018, the app underwent a substantial update (version 3 for iOS), which also made it perfectly suited for those with trouble reading, people learning a 2nd language, or busy professionals.
Version 2.9 (for Android users) already boasts these great features:
• leading OCR technology and high-quality recognition and conversion of printed text into speech or Braille in no time.
• option to adjust user settings entirely to the needs of the user (reading speed, font, etc.).
• 14 user-interface languages and effortlessly reads documents in 33 different languages.
Version 3 (for iOS users) has a new design and features the following extra:
• A new layout and even simpler navigation throughout the app.
• Access to e-books and documents in ePub as well in PDF format (images or text, with or without tags). This makes the app perfect for students and professionals that read and edit texts in different formats and from various sources.
• Reading from the original image, with highlighting of the sentence and word being read. Of course, simple text display is also possible.
• Expansion of saving and sharing using OneDrive, GoogleDrive, and DropBox.
• More image editing options: cropping, rotating, editing.
• Open links directly in the app, even for telephone numbers and e-mail.
Make sure you take a look at the app website at www.knfbreader.com.
Read all about the Enterprise license to use the KNFB Reader on different devices.
About the app
Quick, accurate, and efficient
You can read any type of printed text with just the click of a button. Examples include e-mails, recipes, learning materials, memos, and many other documents.
The image area report, automatic page detection, and horizontal stability tool ensure that the app operates as accurately as possible. This allows you to be sure that you photograph the text correctly and fully.
Thanks to our in-house developed technology for document analysis, the words are determined and then read aloud clearly for the user using a high-quality TTS (text-to-speech) software.
Various reading modesfor books, articles, and labels, but also for invoices and memos.
- Text navigation per line, sentence, word, and character.
- Automatic text detectionfor hands-free or touch-free operation.
- Read documents with multiple pages.
- Synchronized text highlight with high-quality Braille and speech.
- Image finder for live image area. Helps to position the camera for the document.
- PDF or JPG importing,, scanning,(OCR), and reading.Export to HTML and TXT files for storage in the cloud.
The KNFB Reader Enterprise is the web license version of the KNFB Reader.
With a web license you get an activation code so you can use the KNFB Reader Enterprise on iOS, Android and Windows 10. Download the KNFB Reader Enterprise for free in in the App Store, on Google Play and forWindows 10.
When purchasing on this page you have the choice between a license for activation on 2, 3 or 4 devices. You will then receive the activation code by mail.
How does it work?
The KNFB Reader Enterprise is a scan and read app that you install on your smartphone.
The app exists for iOS, Android and Windows 10. You can download the Enterprise apps in the respective online stores.
To use the app, you have to activate the app by logging in with a login and password. Your login is linked to the device.
When you purchase the KNFB Reader here, you will receive an activation code with a link to the license server on which you can create your login and password.
Download the KNFB Reader Enterprise in the App Store, on Google Play and forWindows 10
KNFB Reader, the leading app on the market
The KNFB Reader was released in September 2014 and was met with acclaim from users and reviewers. In 2014, 2015, and 2016, it was chosen by website visitors AppleVis.com as the best accessibility app for iOS. In 2016, the KNFB Reader was the only app of 10, in an independent comparative test of applications for the blind and those with poor vision by German consumer magazine Stiftung Warentest, to score highly on each test.
This fantastic life-changing technology was demonstrated for the first time by James Gashel, vice president of Business Development at KNFB Reader, LLC and secretary of the National Federation of the Blind, during the National NFB Convention, followed by a presentation from Ray Kurzweil, director of Engineering at Google Inc.
Read more about the launch of the KNFB Reader at AppleVis or listen to ainterview with James Gashel
2018: We are helping more users than ever before
The KNFB Reader app was developed by Sensotec in close collaboration with the US-based National Federation of the Blind. In the words of Mark Riccobono, president of the Federation, in the 2018 3.0 release:“We have discovered that, as is the case with many accessibility technologies, our leading reading solution does more than just help blind people.KNFB Reader 3.0, the continued development of this technology, is currently reaching a wider audience than ever before.”